เผยเเพร่: 2020-04-16 | อ่าน: 1,019 ครั้ง
Fish Industrial Technology Research and Development Division (FTDD) was initially established as a research and inspection laboratory in 1956 and further promoted as a division in 1975 to carry on research and development and extension work in fields of post-harvest technology and processing of fish and fishery products.
• Research and development on
- Post-harvest technology
- Quality control and management system for fishery products
- Utilization of fishery resources
• Promote Good Manufacturing Practices and other related standards to the private sector.
• Provide technological consultation in relation to post harvest and fish processing issues.
Roles and Responsibilities
General Administration Sub-Division
• Administer general affairs.
• Manage the account and budget.
Research and Development for Extension Group
• Gather general problems and needs of the traditional processors and private sectors in order to provide better technology.
• Transfer fish processing technologies from research to private sectors.
• Create a systematic data base in order to provide information and technical services in fish and fishery products.
• Provide training courses on fish post-harvest and processing technology for local and international participants.
• Provide advisory and consultation services to the industries on issues related to fishery technology.
Fish Handling Research and Development Group
• Develop handling technology to prolong shelf-life of aquatic animals after harvesting.
• Improve methods for fish handling on shore, transportation and distribution system to maintain freshness and good hygiene throughout the production chain.
Fisheries Product Research and Development Group
• Improve technologies in fish processing by using biotechnology and innovative methods to add value of the products at minimum cost.
• Create new products creation according to availability of raw materials and by- products from industry.
• Utilize fish industrial by-product for human consumption and other applications.
Fish Packaging Research and Development Group
• Conduct research and development on packaging types, forms and materials for fish and fishery products.
• Develop environmental friendly packaging techniques and design in response to the need of the private sector.
Fish and Fishery Product Safety Research Group
• Monitor and survey on quality of raw material and fishery products.
• Conduct research on harmful bio-toxin, contaminants and other residues.
• Risk assessment of safety and quality of fisheries establishments including fish landing site.
Fishery Products and Raw Materials Quality Inspection and Research Group
• Conduct research and development on in-house method for analyses chemical, microbiological and physical properties to improve accuracy and efficiency of laboratory system to meet and maintain international standards.
• Carry out all analytical and laboratory works of the Division.
• Establish an information center regarding laboratory quality and method.
Fisheries Post-Harvest Engineering Group
• Conduct research and development on mechanical equipment and methods on fish harvesting, landing, handling, processing and transportation.
• Develop, design and construct equipment for small scale fish processing.
Fish Industrial Technology Research and Development Division
Department of Fisheries, Plodprasop Bldg., Kaset-Klang, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900, Thailand
Tel: +66 2940 6130 Fax: +66 2940 6200 E-mail: email@example.com