Fish Inspection and Quality Control Division
Fish Inspection and Quality Control Division or FIQD is responsible for controlling and ensuring that fish and fishery products exported from Thailand are safe, wholesome and meeting standards and requirements of the importing countries. Major tasks include:
- Ensure the implementation of basic food hygiene, good manufacturing practices and preventive quality control system by fish processing establishments.
- Verify that approved fish processing establishments are effectively implementing a quality management program based on Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP).
- Assure the traceability of fish and fishery products.
- Provide reasonable assurance that raw materials are free of chemical residues, environmental contaminants, biotoxins as well as pathogens through monitoring programs.
- Provide analytical services and certificates to accompany shipments for export ; and
- Conduct research work to improve quality of raw materials, processing techniques and quality management system as well as develop new, effective and validated analytical methods.
|Telephone||0 2558 0133-6|
|Location||1st-4th Floor Preeda Kannasut|